Standard Burrell CV Template (suggested format, not mandatory for use in portfolio)
|2020-2021 Promotions Cycle Timeline|
|October 2, 2020||Statement of intent||Letter to department Chair (on paper)|
|October 9, 2020||Confirmation of intent and instructions provided||Electronic communication from A&P Committee|
|November 16, 2020||Candidate provides a list of 3-5 potential external reviewers||Electronic communication to A&P Committee Chair, including names and contact information|
|January 11, 2020||Portfolio due to department Chair||Two paper copies in three-ring binders plus electronic version as a single PDF file with bookmarks.|
|January 18, 2020||Finalized Portfolio submitted to A & P Chair/committee||Two paper copies in three-ring binders plus electronic version as a single PDF file with bookmarks along with Chair’s Letter of support.|
|April 5, 2021||Final determination by Dean||Letter from Dean|
|April 19, 2021||Appeal (if applicable)||Letter to the President (on paper)|
|June 1, 2021||Final decision by President||Letter from President|
|July 1, 2021||Promotions granted go into effect||N/A|
Helpful links and resources for building your portfolio:
- Includes worksheets to help faculty evaluate and display excellence across multiple educator domains
- Provides a sample portfolio and evaluator assessment guide.
- In this recorded presentation, University of New Mexico faculty share advice for preparing a promotion and tenure dossier.
- By Hannelore B. Rodriguez-Farrar
- A resource to help faculty document their teaching achievements and progress over time
- Also provides a guide on writing a personal teaching philosophy and CV
- by Gabriela A. Montell
- by James M. Lang
- Step-by-step resource including documenting teaching responsibilities, writing a teaching statement, selecting sample teaching materials for dossier, and highlighting teaching effectiveness.
- Includes a helpful reading list on teaching portfolios
For any questions on the current promotions cycle, please contact the Chair of the Appointment and Promotions Committee, Dr. Scott Cyrus, email@example.com.
For faculty support or questions regarding faculty resources, please contact Faculty Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org.