Standard Burrell CV Template (suggested format, not mandatory for use in portfolio)
|2021-2022 Promotions Cycle Timeline|
|September 13, 2021||Dean announces the timeline for the academic year||N/A|
|October 11, 2021||Statement of intent||Letter to department Chair (on paper and electronically)|
|October 18, 2021||Confirmation of intent from the departments chair to the A & P chair and instructions provided||Electronic communication from A&P Committee|
|November 1, 2021||Candidate provides a list of 3-5 potential external reviewers||Electronic communication to A&P Committee Chair, including names and contact information|
|December 13, 2021||Portfolio due to department Chair||Two paper copies in three-ring binders plus electronic version as a single PDF file with bookmarks.|
|January 3, 2022||Finalized Portfolio submitted to A & P Chair/committee||Two paper copies in three-ring binders plus electronic version as a single PDF file with bookmarks along with Chair’s Letter of support.|
|January 5, 2022 (Wednesday)||Portfolio due to the External Reviewers||Electronic version as a single PDF file with bookmarks securely on Microsoft Teams|
|February 14, 2022||Portfolio review due to the A & P Committee from the External Reviewers|
|March 28, 2022||A & P Candidate report due to the Dean||Candidate Report|
|April 25, 2022||Final determination by Dean||Letter from Dean|
|May 6, 2022 (Friday)||Appeal (if applicable)||Letter to the President (on paper and electronically)|
|June 6, 2022||Final decision by President||Letter from President|
|July 1, 2022 (Friday)||Promotions granted go into effect||N/A|
*All dates fall on a Monday unless otherwise noted
PDF Version of Schedule
Helpful links and resources for building your portfolio:
- Includes worksheets to help faculty evaluate and display excellence across multiple educator domains
- Provides a sample portfolio and evaluator assessment guide.
- In this recorded presentation, University of New Mexico faculty share advice for preparing a promotion and tenure dossier.
- By Hannelore B. Rodriguez-Farrar
- A resource to help faculty document their teaching achievements and progress over time
- Also provides a guide on writing a personal teaching philosophy and CV
- by Gabriela A. Montell
- by James M. Lang
- Step-by-step resource including documenting teaching responsibilities, writing a teaching statement, selecting sample teaching materials for dossier, and highlighting teaching effectiveness.
- Includes a helpful reading list on teaching portfolios
For any questions on the current promotions cycle, please contact the Chair of the Appointment and Promotions Committee, Dr. Scott Cyrus, email@example.com.
For faculty support or questions regarding faculty resources, please contact Faculty Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org.