Programmatic Level Educational Objectives
Graduates of the BCOM Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree program will be able to:
- Integrate knowledge and skills acquired from the biomedical, clinical, social, and behavioral sciences to provide patient care in a supervised setting.
- Demonstrate competence in the skills of osteopathic manipulative treatment and the application of osteopathic philosophy in patient care.
- Demonstrate professionalism, characterized by honesty, integrity, ethical behavior, empathy, and responsibility.
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, faculty, peers, and other members of the healthcare team.
- Critically appraise, evaluate, and apply scientific evidence to inform patient care and research.
- Demonstrate awareness of the roles and interactions of professionals within the healthcare system and identify resources to optimize patient care at the individual and community levels.
- Identify the specific healthcare needs of diverse populations and the ways in which the medical community responds.