Thank you for your interest in learning more about how to apply to the Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine!
The Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine participates in the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine Application Service (AACOMAS). The AACOMAS offers prospective applicants a convenient and centralized online application service for accredited osteopathic medical schools. Through AACOMAS, an applicant files one master electronic application, which is then verified and distributed to the designated osteopathic colleges selected by the applicant. The AACOMAS application opens to perspective applicants in May of each cycle year. Go to www.AACOM.org to begin the application process.
The College uses a rolling Admissions process. Pre-screened applicants will be invited to submit a Supplemental Application. Applications will be reviewed and interview invitation decisions made at regular intervals during the cycle. Interviews will be conducted in a traditional format, from September through April of the cycle, with decisions delivered on a rolling basis. Applicants from both in-state and out-of-state are encouraged to apply; at this time the College is unable to consider international applicants.
2020 – 2021 Cycle Application Schedule
- Primary application service: AACOMAS
- Earliest application submission date: Opening Date of AACOMAS (5/5/2020)
- Interviews Conducted: September 2020 – April 2021
- Primary application deadline: 3/31/2021
- Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine Supplemental Application deadline: 4/15/2021
- Latest MCAT test date considered: July 2018
Offered applicants will be required to submit necessary matriculation documents, including a seat deposit, according to the following schedule:
- Those receiving seat offers prior to November 16 will have 30 days to accept the offer and submit the seat deposit.
- Those receiving seat offers between November 16 and February 28 will have 15 days to accept the offer and submit the seat deposit.
- Those receiving seat offers after February 28 may be asked for an immediate seat deposit.
The Office of Admissions staff are here to assist applicants with navigating the application process. It is the applicant’s responsibility to track the progress of his/her application. Applicants should contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. The Office of Admissions protects applicants’ privacy by limiting access to application materials to those officers and employees officially concerned with the Admissions process.