BCOM Research Appreciation Day
(Date to be Determined)
Call for Abstracts
The BCOM Office of Research & Sponsored Programs seeks abstracts for presentations that will share research and/or scholarly activity related to the following general areas.
- Biomedical Science Research
- Clinical Research
- Public Health/Epidemiology research
- Medical Education Research
Research topics may include (but are not limited to):
- relevant and original clinical case presentations;
- medical education/health education;
- policy research related to public health; or
- hypothesis-driven, literature based research.
Resident physicians in BCOM-affiliated Residency Programs are also invited to present their work, as are BCOM Faculty.
Poster competitions are open only to BCOM Students & Residents.
Research Appreciation Day will be hosted on the BCOM campus.
2017 Key Dates/Deadlines
Abstract Submission Deadline: to be determined
Date of Research Day: to be determined
Abstracts must meet the following criteria, and must contain:
- Title (max. 25 words)
- Name and affiliation of all authors
- Introduction, methods, results & conclusion sections
Abstracts must not exceed 500 words.
Abstracts of more 500 words will not be considered.
Posters should be no larger than 40” x 60” (maximum size)
(to request an exception, please communicate with the committee at the earliest convenience)
You must have the approval of all coauthors to present the project.
If your work involves animal or human subjects research, you must have IACUC/ IRB approval.
Presenters will be scored by a panel of judges.
Scoring will include brief interviews (>5 minutes) at the poster.
Presenters will be scored on the following criteria:
- significance of the problem
- experimental design
- significance of the results
- appropriateness of the conclusion
- verbal presentation
Monetary prizes will be awarded to the top scoring BCOM student in each category.