BCOM Research Advisory Council
The BCOM Research Advisory Council (RAC) serves in an advisory capacity to the Director of the Office of Research & Sponsored Programs and the BCOM Administration on matters related to research and creative scholarship. Specific duties of the RAC include but are not limited to:
- Advising the Office of Research & Sponsored Programs on development of policies and guidelines for the conduct of research at BCOM.
- Serving as a liaison between the Office of Research & Sponsored programs and the faculty Council and BCOM Research Community.
- Assisting and advising the Office of Research & Sponsored Programs and the Faculty Council and BCOM Research Community.
- Assisting the Office of Research with Review of intramural grant applications.
- Working with the Faculty Council Research Committee to provide oversight of student research and the annual student research day.
- Other duties/activities as appropriate.
BCOM Research Advisory Council Membership Roster 2018-19
Joseph N. Benoit, Ph.D. (Council Chair)
Director, Office of Research & Sponsored Programs,
Professor of Physiology & Pathology
Steven J. Ontiveros, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Anatomy & Cell Biology
Faculty Council Research Committee Chair
Richard Selinfreund, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Physiology & Pathology
Faculty Council Basic Sciences Member-at-Large
Erin Palazollo, MLIS
Library Director and Professor of Medical Informatics
First Year DO Student – TBD
Second Year DO Student – TBD
Adrienne Kania, D.O.
Associate Professor of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
Faculty Council Clinical Sciences Member-at-Large
Michael Woods, Ph.D. (ex-officio)
Assistant Professor, Physiology & Pathology
Basic Sciences Research Affinity Group Leader