The BCOM Office of Research & Sponsored Programs has limited funding available to help medical students attend conferences to present their research.
Students requesting support from BCOM must satisfy the following criteria in order to qualify for funding through the ORSP Medical Student Travel Program:
- Students must be in good academic standing
- Research must have been conducted under the supervision of a BCOM faculty member
- The recipient of travel funds must be the presenting author at the meeting
- Applications must also be accompanied by a
– copy of the abstract or creative work submitted for presentation
– fully executed Excused Absence Request Form
– fully executed BCOM Travel Requisition
Funds can only be provided for BCOM approved activities in accordance with BCOM Business Office policies. Incomplete application will not be considered for funding.
Applications must be submitted during the date window listed below:
|Application Deadline||Travel Dates||Award Notification|
|January 1||April 1 – June 30||January 31|
|April 1||July 1 –September 30||April 30|
|July 1||October 1 – December 31||July 31|
|October 1||January 1 – March 31||October 31|