The BCOM Internal Medicine & Cardiology Club officially formed on January 25, 2017 and held their first event, a clinical skills lab, February 1. Participants practiced skills learned in the curriculum thus far, such as peripheral blood draw, intubation, and ultrasound assessment.
We would like to give a BIG thank you to Sam Gutierrez for his enthusiasm and help with setting up our event. Sam stayed throughout the event to help students and answer questions. He was a vital part of our successful first clinical skills lab! We would also like to thank the members/students who participated. We look forward to hosting similar events in the future.
- Connect with local physicians and learn from their experiences
- Practice clinical skills
- Explore and present research opportunities
- Gain insight and guidance for residency applications
Clinical Faculty Adviser: Dr. Muneer Assi
- President: Fernando Magana
- Vice President: Robert Lyday
- Secretary: Stephanie Ayala
- Treasurer: Chris Hooshmand
- Director of Community Outreach: Saurin Patel
- Director of Research: Chris Kim