Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine
Spring Regional Conference 2019
MOVING MEDICINE FORWARD
May 11, 2019 Set up 6:30 am and Tear down 1:30 pm
Presentation time 7:00 to 8:00 am and 12:00 to 1:00 pm
Call for Abstracts!
First Prize $200.00 Second Prize $150.00 and Third Prize $100.00
DEADLINE May 7, 2019
Poster Specifications: (Follow the Medical Student Research Guidelines)
- Posters must be generated using PowerPoint.
- White background only.
- The poster size should be a maximum of 36 inches high by 48 inches wide.
- Text should be printed in a font large enough to be read comfortably from a distance of 4 to 5 feet.
- We recommend no less than 24-point font.
- Ensure that illustrations, including charts and graphs, can be read from a distance of 4 to 5 feet.
- Below is a general example of poster organization, you are welcome to organize the poster differently, but please make sure that all of the main elements [abstract, introduction, and conclusion] appear on the poster.
Setting Poster Dimensions in PowerPoint:
- Select a blank presentation from the options menu in PowerPoint.
- On the Design tab, in the Page Setup group, click on Slide Size, and select Custom Slide Size.
- A Slide Size window will popup. Change the Width to 48 inches and the Height to 36 inches, set the Slide Orientation to Landscape, and click the OK button.
- We recommend writing out the text that will be included in your poster in a Word document, then copy/paste into the poster in text boxes.
- A PowerPoint file with preset dimensions and text boxes is available here:
- All Burrell College student posters will be printed onsite in the faculty copy room located on the 3rd floor. Please provide a digital copy by email to Martha Enriquez firstname.lastname@example.org (located in the faculty suite) for printing. To guarantee onsite printing, a digital copy must be provided to Ms. Enriquez (email@example.com) by 5:00pm on May 8, 2019.