BCOM would like to thank you for your interest in joining our team. BCOM is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals with varied backgrounds and experience to apply.
For specific questions about positions or employment at BCOM, please contact BCOM’s Human Resources Department at 575-674-2284 or email@example.com.
Regional Assistant Dean is expected to perform the following tasks in his/her region:
- Represent BCOM within the region, advocate for BCOM and BCOM’s curriculum, and represent the school’s position on various issues. Serve as the liaison between BCOM and clinical faculty, clinical departments, hospital and clinic administration.
- Develop strong hospital and ambulatory rotations, including training sites for required rotations (such as internal medicine), and electives. Primary approval of all student schedules following BCOM curriculum, policies and procedures. Develop strong clinical teaching sites for years 3 and 4 students and collaborate with BCOM’s Office of Graduate Medical Education to develop strong clinical teaching sites for interns, residents, and fellows.
- Develop and direct various didactic programs including clinical case conferences, journal club, small group discussions, and professional development seminars and lectures.
- Assist and advise students as needed regarding matters such as academic performance, professionalism, personal issues, career plans, etc. Be a mentor for students, interns and residents. Maintains and processes records documenting these interactions.
- Monitor clinical faculty teaching skills. Recruit new clinical faculty and clinical training locations. Educate clinical faculty about BCOM and the clinical program and its mission, goals, objectives, and policies and procedures. Review evaluations of faculty and programs, and (in collaboration with the Regional Director) develop and implement an appropriate plan of action in response to any deficiencies.
- Supervises the Regional Director who also supervises the Administrative Assistant in the specific region.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the State’s policies, institutional guidelines, and applicable laws. Ensures that all employees are motivated and guided to contribute fully to the realization of BCOM’s mission, vision, goals, and objectives.
- Develop and oversee budgetary function for the region.
- Attend to other related duties as assigned by the Associate Dean for Clinical Education or the Academic Dean of BCOM.
- Terminal degree (PhD, DO, MD, or other) in the pre-clinical sciences.
- Evidence of commitment to teaching foundational science in a medical school setting.
- Evidence of, and the potential for growth in, teaching, scholarly activity and service.
- Post-doctoral experience will strengthen the candidate’s application.
- Additional training or experience in educational theory and/or evaluation.
- A substantial record of success as an educator with experience in teaching foundational concepts which are relevant to medical education.
- Experience using innovative teaching methods which might include team-based learning, ‘flipped classroom’, problem-based learning, distance learning, interactive large group presentation, audience response systems, curriculum delivery systems (e.g. Canvas), and proficiency in exam item writing (USMLE and/or COMLEX-style).
- Experience with curricular and instructional design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the director of financial aid regarding the daily operations of the office
- Provide excellent customer service to current, former and prospective students
- Assist the Director of Financial Aid in preparing and disseminating accurate information to all current and prospective students relative to types of financial aid available, direct and indirect educational costs and financial aid application procedures
- Assist Director of Financial Aid to ensure students complete all required counseling (entrance, exit) as mandated by the Dept. of Education
- Provide accurate and timely information (deadlines, scholarship offerings, etc.) and assistance to students, faculty and various departments within the college
- Create and maintain a financial aid status file for each incoming class
- Assure compliance with all current regulations and changes to all Title IV programs
- Proactively assist prospective students complete their financial aid files
- Work closely with the Admission, Registrar’s and Business and Finance offices to ensure accurate, timely reporting and sharing of information
- Update financial holds
- Provide administrative support (answering phones, filing, copying, etc.) to Director of Financial Aid
- Commitment to the mission of BCOM in any way correlated to the position
- Other duties as assigned